Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri! Chartreuse Chase + Bronze Ablaze

Hey everyone :)

Today I have two swatches I've been meaning to do for a bit. These are Sally Hansen Insta Dri polishes, which you can pick up at the drugstore (I usually go to Rite Aid).

The first polish I swatched is Bronze Ablaze. The title says it all really, this is a dark gold/bronze shimmer with lots of gorgeous sparkle. There are also green and red undertones--you can even see a bit of the red in the sparklies in my first picture :) You can see the brush strokes, but only in direct sunlight. When I had this on in class, etc, I totally couldn't see any brushstrokes. I used three coats for full coverage, no topcoat.




Okay, next up is Chartreuse Chase. CC was kind of a puzzle for me, because when I think of chartreuse I think of a yellowish, bright bright green. But this polish I would describe as a cool toned, pastel chartreuse with blue shimmer. I used three coats, no topcoat. There are definitely yellow undertones there, but the bluish shimmer cancels out half of the brightness. Nonetheless, I think this is a really ladylike way to wear the more out there chartreuse shade of green. It's very cool and crisp, like a cucumber slice. I love it :)


I love both of these :) I love seeing classic brands release such great colors. What do you think? Pick up any good Insta Dri-s lately? Every time I go to the drugstore there's like 5 new ones!

-Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment